I’m really hope I didn’t just advocate for Jira and it can’t do the simplest thing I just want to be able to select a feature as a parent of a story. My hierarchy in my settings correctly has the Epic-Feature-Story structure but it’s still not letting me do it at a story level. Really hoping I’m missing something as this is a big issue
@Keisha Phoenixx Welcome to the community!
Thank you for sharing all the snaps.
Actually, the problem is with your work type hierarchy, if you want to see Story as a child of Feature (Feature as a Prent of Story) then you need to update your work type hierarchy.
If you see, in your hierarchy, at the TOP (level 3) Story work type have been selected that means your current hierarchy is Story --> Feature --> Epic --> Task/Bug etc
And you want to see Like Epic --> Feature --> Story/Task/Bug etc then make sure you should select Epic as a Level 2 and Feature on Level 1. Rest story/Task/Bug and other standard work type are on the same level so you dont need to ay any level for them.
NOTE: As its a global entity and making any changes in the hierachy will impact on all the project availble on the site. so, please check with the project leads/ site-admins or whoever responsible for the decision making and then do the changes.
Thank you
There’s no way to adjust this even though the documentation says there is.
I see you updated the hirrarchy, but the Epic should be on Level 2 and Feature on Level 1.
Renaming the levels doesn’t work
Nope, renaiming it wont work...i just wanted to show you that you should update the work type subsequently you should update the level name as well...which will indicate their names as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.