I have a custom field used to identify additional people working on tasks in Jira. It works properly inside the issue (listed under "People"), but I want it to show up in the active sprint card layout so that I can quickly see everyone involved with a task.
I have four teams with their own Jira boards that are nearly identical. Two of them allow me to add this custom field. The other two do not. When I configure the board and go to the "Card Layout" screen, it's simply missing from the dropdown menu.
I have gone line by line comparing the four different boards, and I can't find a difference between the two (except that they view different team sprints in the filter). I have also tried rebuilding these boards from scratch, and I still cannot find the option to add this field to the card layout.
Also, there are other custom fields that DO appear in the dropdown. For some reason, Jira is not showing this specific field in these specific boards.
Any thoughts?