Our data model doesn't have epic and would like to use the Timelines view of the Boards.
any ideas? is Epic mandatory for it to be used?
I had a similar question and contacted support. The short answer was that only the "Native" Epic work type and subtypes of linked items will show on the Timeline. I had created an work type from "Epic" and renamed it and it would not show on the timeline. Only the "Out of the box" "Epic" worktype will be available on the timeline view. Linked subitems will show as nested items. If there is a change keep me posted!
Hope this helps!
did it work?
Yes but only for the native "Epic" issue type. I tried to add another issue type with as an Issue type = to Epic but named Task and it will not show on the Timeline view like the native Epic issue types do. Hope this provides clarity.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.