For a while, I saw the option of testing Live-docs feature (beta). Now I've got the time and I wanted to try it out, but I'm following the steps explained in https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/configure-live-docs-in-confluence/ and the option for Live-docs doesn't appear in the Features config of a Space:
I cannot find a setting in Confluence instance level to enable/disable the feature.
How can I enable it?
Hi @Carlos Cruz welcome to the community. You are correct, it's no longer there. As it was a beta, it's possible Atlassian has temporarily pulled it off the menus.
Hi @Carlos Cruz 👋 Adding to @Dan Breyen 's answer - live docs are indeed out of beta and are currently in a phased GA rollout. This rollout is progressing through August so if you're not seeing them in your Confluence site at the moment, they'll likely be there in the next 4-5 weeks (if you're on release tracks it could be a bit longer).
Hi @Dustin Smith
You mentioned in July "... in a phased GA rollout. ... through August ...".
We are now in December and we still don't have this feature "Live Docs".
Despite the fact that I do not like this continuous change of Atlassian's Cloud system, this Live Docs is one of the few feature I'm really waiting for.
Moste of our Confluence pages could be converted to Live Docs.Live Docs much more matches with our usage of Confluence, then the regular Pages do.
Where can place a request to enable it for our instance asap?
Hi @Martin Flury ,
Sorry to hear you're not seeing Live Docs in your Confluence Cloud deployment. There are a couple scenarios we've seen existing customers face that cause Live Docs not to be accessible by end users:
1. If your site is on release tracks and administrators are holding off the introduction of Live Docs
2. If administrators have intentionally turned off Live Docs for spaces you have access to
If you yourself are an administrator and know that neither #1 or #2 are situations your organization is facing, then I highly recommend submitting a support request so our team can figure out what the issue is. It definitely sounds from your description that you're exactly the type of customer we built Live Docs for. 🙂
Thanks for your answer.
I'm the administrator in our organization and I'm almost weekly looking out for this feature.So I'm definitely not holding it back.
I'll submit a support request to clarify our situation.
My space will for sure gets migrated to live docs entirely, as soon as available :-)
RegardsMartin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.