Hello all, hope you're doing well.
I am stumbling against an issue and have tried a couple of things and I hope the community can help me out.
I have a bunch of old tickets that have been closed, of which I need to retrieve data from, specifically the moment when the ticket went into the "In Progress" status. I already have a list of tickets for which I need this data from and I see that in the Issue history of the ticket, the timestamp of the status change is present.
I want to pull that data and place it in a custom field. Since its quite a number of tickets, doing it manually will take ages. From research I have seen that this can potentially be achieved via Automation and using API to pull that data. However, it is with the automation I am stuck at.

I have followed the instructions of the Atlassian Developers article on which API to reach in order to get the changelog data. However, everytime when I either validate the web request by using an example ticket or when I run the automation on said ticket, it returns with an error:
{"errorMessages":["Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it."],"errors":{}} |
The actor of the rule is "Automation for Jira" and it should have access to the tickets, but I still get this error. Even when I ran the automation with a different actor (which has access to all projects), it still gives the same error.
Does anyone have an idea what could possibly be the issue or is this a lost cause? I am not in the position to purchase any add-ons so kindly refrain from suggesting marketplace apps for this. |