I'm helping drive usage/adoption of Confluence databases within my team/org. We make heavy use of the tag field type, but opted for the "entry link" type for for fields that need to be referenced across multiple databases.
I've discovered two drawbacks to using the "entry link" type. First, the values are hard to differentiate from one another (see this post). Second, and even worse in terms of long-run use, I can't seem to change the order of the values and the dropdown list doesn't seem to respect the ordering of the linked database. The dropdown order seems to be when the linked entry was created, in ascending order. This sucks for the people using the database as I can't, for example, alphabetize as new entries are created:

I wondered about this during my early testing of the feature and could've sworn that the dropdown menu respected the ordering of the linked database, but now that doesn't seem to be the case. Is there any way for the dropdowns to respect the ordering of the linked database or otherwise control the order? If not, is addressing this on the roadmap?
The visual noise of the useless iconography plus the lack of ordering are making me second-guess my decision to use linked entries. If at least one (and ideally both) of these issues aren't addressed, we'll probably switch back to the "tag" field type, which would be unnecessary work due to Confluence design defects rather than lacking a legitimate use case.