Good morning! I am having issues with my current permission scheme in the Jira Cloud environment. I created a new project role, that has all of the same permissions as the default Project Administrator role, but removed the Adminster Projects, Manage Issue Layouts and Edit Workflows permissions. Everything else is the same, include this new project role having the Delete Issues permissions.
Here is where things go weird. The users in this role are able to delete work items in the List view of the company-managed project and in the work item screen, but cannot delete the work item in the Backlog or All Work Views. They get the initial prompt asking if they want to delete the work item, but then receive a "Failed to Update: We were unable to make those changes. Try again, or view the items that failed the update" error message.
I have re-checked all of my project permissions and I cannot identify what I am doing wrong.