Hi everyone!
I’m working with JMWE (Jira Misc Workflow Extensions) to implement conditions, validators, and post-functions across multiple workflows.
While the use cases are clear, I’ve found that writing accurate Groovy scripts or Jira Expressions within the JMWE context can be challenging for me.
To streamline the process, I’ve experimented with ChatGPT, Gemini, and Copilot, but the results are often hit-or-miss: sometimes helpful, but sometimes missing key syntax or context-specific details.
I’d love to hear from others in the community:
Have you found effective ways to prompt AI tools (like ChatGPT, GitHub Copilot, etc.) to produce valid scripts for JMWE?
- Do you have a recommendation for a free AI tool that would be helpful in this topic?
Are there prompt structures, templates, or workflows that help you generate cleaner, more reliable code?
Any hybrid approaches where AI helps you get started, and you refine manually?
I’d really appreciate any practical tips or examples, especially if they helped reduce the trial-and-error process when scripting with JMWE.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!
Sagi