at the bottom of this page here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/access-smart-values-for-forms-and-form-fields/It indicates the proper method to automate using a non-"when form submitted" trigger is {{issue.forms.<UUID>.field-key}}, example:{{issue.forms.f7142b07-d3a4-4522-a7e4-8799d526e0a6.payroll-salary}}however, in my own automation I have not gotten this exact syntax to work without producing a blank value. Using the API, I can see my form fields like this:
Hi @James Rosenbaum , welcome to the community, we're glad you're here!
Thanks for posting your question AND how you figured out the formatting for the forms smart value, that will be helpful to many others. Nice job!
I'm not sure how to get Atlassian documentation updated so I will post this in the Community Champions forum to find out and pass along your suggestion for clarification. Again, thanks and welcome!
Hi @James Rosenbaum , just following up that Atlassian directs us to update the Community posts with accurate info as the best way to provide correct instructions, etc. So thanks again for posting the correct info, it'll be helpful to a lot of people when they search the Community.
Thanks Susan, happy to be here I used postman for inspecting the API data on the form, and a lot of help from grok/chatgpt to troubleshoot and suggest different work arounds. I'd hope there'd be an easier way to automate using forms and a schedule trigger, one that my colleagues would be able to use without API/postman knowledge. Perhaps I found a bug, or perhaps I did find the hardest way to a simple answer. Either way, happy if this is either insightful or helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.