Hi Community,
I'm a Project Admin for multiple Jira projects and have created several automation rules in one of them. I want to reuse or replicate these rules in my other projects, but I’ve encountered a limitation that’s slowing me down.
Here’s the issue:
- I can’t change the scope of an automation rule from one single project to another.
- I also can’t set the scope to “multiple projects”, which would be ideal for rules that are identical across projects.
- I understand that changing the scope (even from one single project to another) requires site admin access, which I don’t have and can’t request due to internal policy.
What I’m trying to achieve:
- For rules that are identical across projects, I’d like to use “multiple project” scope.
- For rules that need minor project-specific changes, I’d like to copy them and assign them to another single project.
- Unfortunately, I can’t do either without site admin rights.
Suggestion:
It would be incredibly helpful if there were a permission model where an admin could be granted access to multiple selected projects (not site-wide), allowing them to manage automation rules across those projects—including changing the scope between them. This would avoid the need for full site admin access while still enabling efficient rule management.
My question:
Is there any workaround, permission configuration, or tool that allows a Project Admin to copy automation rules between projects (even if scoped to single projects) without being a site admin?
Any insights, tips, or best practices would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!