We have a project in JIRA that serves as a template. How can I bulk clone the items to transfer them to a new project without affecting the original tasks?
Hello @SianS
Out of the box, Jira doesn't have the copy bulk action. You would need to clone this. Best option is to use Deep Clone application from the Atlassian marketplace. If the third party app doesn't work for you, you would need to clone issue by issue to a new project.
Are you wanting to basically copy the templates to another project so they can be used there and filled out?
Hi @SianS
If you're trying to bulk clone Jira issues from one project to another, I can suggest trying our app Elements Copy & Sync. It's very easy and quick to set up.
You can check the demo here.
Don't hesitate to try the app, it's free during 30 days (and it stays free under 10 users).
Hi Sian,
You could do this is an automation rule. Create a rule using the Scheduled trigger. Use JQL to identify the work items you want cloned. Then add an Action for Clone Work Item and select the Project you want to clone them to.
@John Funk @Clara Belin-Brosseau_Elements @motherg @Nikola Perisic
I've worked out to clone the Epic then I can move it to a Project. my next question is how to I remove clone from all the clone item. Is it possible within Bulk change? i'll have to change 100+ singularly
I was wondering about that @John Funk but what potential trigger would you use for that?
@SianS and there's 106 of these template issues? I ask because in the screenshot you've got that many selected.
@John Funk any way of doing this change with JQL. users dont know JQL
Can I ask why it's a problem that they have a clone link? I know it's there, but is it actually likely to cause you any issues?
No, because you can't clone to a different project just using JQL. You still need a JQL statement to identify the work items. Give it a shot and we will help you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.