I'm trying to start a Confluence for work purposes, as a knowledge base. I'm not interested in this having coloured backgrounds or twee clip art. I can't see an option to change page backgrounds, though. How do I make this usable?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Kathryn Thompson !
A screenshot would be helpful, make sure you hide any personal information.
I want to make sure I am getting your question right.
Best,
Fadoua
Thanks - here's a screenshot of the page. How do I get rid of the orange background? And stop any automatic colour fill in general?
@Kathryn Thompson
This is odd. Any page you create no matter what template you select comes with this orange background?
Did you try to open the same page on a different browser? from a different computer?
Weird Confluence pages never have a colored background. I am suspecting a setting on your browser.
@Kathryn Thompson What template are you using for your page? Do you have one of the formatting apps installed in your instance? You may be using a page template from an app that someone has set up for use in your space.
I'm just using whatever comes up when starting a new page in a new space in Confluence. I'm the only person in this new space. I'm not trying to use a page template from an app that I'm aware of - is this something I have to turn off? If so, where / how? - and I haven't installed any formatting apps - again, that I'm aware of or have chosen. I'm just trying to find the most basic option, and not seeing it!
This seems odd, because, as @Tinker Fadoua mentioned, Confluence pages don't have background colors. It may be that someone has somehow defined something with an app that is applied across your instance. For example, this article describes how to do this with one app: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/App-Central-articles/How-to-add-a-background-colour-to-pages-in-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/2931121
Which 'someone' are we talking about here? The only other 'someone' in the space seems to me to be Confluence itself, and I'm trying to find out how to tell it not to do this
Hi @Kathryn Thompson,
Thanks for reporting this issue and for sharing all the details so far. This is such a strange issue. I'm really interested to see what might be causing this.
I created a support ticket on your behalf so I can get a look at the problem. Please check your inbox for a ticket link. I'll follow up with you on the ticket now.
I'm looking forward to working with you on this issue!
Thank you,
Shannon S | Atlassian Cloud support
@Shannon S it will be greatly appreciated to share with us the trigger behind this behavior then the fix please.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.