The sequence is:
1 - When work item is updated
2 - For Linked Work Items (Blocks links)
3 - *** Need to assign the linked issue.summary to a custom field in the trigger issue
======================
This all boils down to:
TmpIssue = Triggering Issue;
TmpStr = "None";
For List of linked tickets {
If desired ticket found then {
TmpStr = linkedTicket.summary;
break;
}
}
Tmpissue.someCustomfield = TmpStr; // assigning the linked ticket summary
================================
But this kind of thing isn't supported?
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-985
What do you do instead?
===============================
I have tried:
Creating variables but the scope issue from JIRAAUTOSERVER-985 means I always end up with "None"
If tried doing a JQL lookup for the original trigger issue and assigning the summary recorded in a variable but I seem to be stuck in the context of the "For list of linked tickets" rather than the result of the JQL lookup.
=============================
Anyone have ideas?