When I try to do a bulk change of the field "% Dev Complete", the field does not appear in the change list. However, all the other fields do.
How can I do a bulk change on a field that starts with a special character??
Hi @Steve Hooczko
Where are you trying to perform the bulk change: from an work item search with JQL, or somewhere else?
And, where is the field defined: in global settings, in a team-managed project configuration, in Jira Product Discovery (JPD), etc.?
Kind regards,Bill
I'd export to csv, make your modifications externally and reimport.
JIRA project management, Company managed project, selecting all issues in the backlog issue view, and selecting bulk change. The next screen appears to Edit Issues which I select. Then I get the "Change <fieldname>" listing, but the % Dev Complete field does not appear in it.
JIRA should allow any type of alpha-numeric character in a fieldname, no matter where it is in the name. Other fields, such as "Serial #" display fine in the bulk change listing. There's something Atlassian missed (or doesn't allow) in their field names as the first character.
That is curious...
I tried that earlier with a global / company-managed field for a Bulk Change from work item search and it found the field. Same thing with a team-managed project field.
And, I just tried it from the backlog view's type of bulk change called "Edit Fields" and it also found the field.
Just to confirm:
Is this a custom field which you added to global / company managed fields for the project?
Did you confirm the field is available on the edit screen for all work item types selected in the bulk change?
I agree, but if I have to fight something I find the easier way. Export. tweak and import was how we did it before bulk change was available.
The custom field is available for certain projects. The project I'm trying to do the bulk change is one of them. The field is available for stories, bugs and tasks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.