why is property gic-jsm-fields-layout-preference retrieved when creating a work item?
I get the same kind of error, but the context is completely different from https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Re-Re-Dynamic-form-in-jira-Rules-are-not-getting-applied/qaq-p/2795173/comment-id/1046482#M1046482
My context:
When Creating a new Work item in a Software project, I get a 404 error on the property gic-jsm-fields-layout-preference for my user , which seems a property related to Jira Service Management kind of projects and not to software projects?
I don't think this is related to Dynamic forms, like explained in the other post.
postman reply on the GET of this user property.
rest/api/3/user/properties/:propertyKey?accountId=
postman PUT: I don't know what JSON format is needed.
{
"errors": {},
"errorMessages": [
"The property gic-jsm-fields-layout-preference does not exist."
],
"httpStatusCode": {
"empty": false,
"present": true
}
}
If I ask AI how i can retrieve the content of this user property , the answer is this is not a standard Jira Cloud property, and the format of the JSON content is unknown.
It is a bit weird that :
1. Somebody on the instance is trying to retrieve a user property unrelated to that type of project.
2. the GET returns a 404 (i.e. the property is not set)
3. AI explains that you can only retrieve/set this property through REST api calls and not via UI.
4. But there is nowhere a description of the JSON format for the PUT of this property.