We keep track of various release items in Confluence. We have a parent page for each release with two layers of child pages. Each of those pages contains details specific to each release. For example:
- 6.73 Release
- 6.73 QA
- 6.73 QA Checklist
- 6.73 Focused Regression
- 6.73 Testing
- 6.73 Issues Noted
- 6.73 Release Checklist
- 6.73 Release Retro
I can easily copy the pages and edit the page titles using the Copy function. That works great.
What I'd like to do is create the copy and also modify various macros and text within the new pages. For example, I have a table that includes dates for code freeze and release, as well as a Status macro that indicates the state of the release.
Some of the pages use the Jira Work Items macro to display work items. Each macro has a search query that needs to be updated to match the corresponding release version. For example, change `labels = Automation_6.73` to `labels = Automation_6.74`
Manually updating these things is fairly tedious. I would like to know if I can use the Confluence API to create each new set of pages when needed.