Hi there,
I have multiple automation rules built, but it seems one of my rules isn't updating subtasks when a subtask is created by automation. It looks something like this:
Rule #1 - sets a value for 'component' field for all issue types. That rule works flawlessly for all issue types a human creates, the component field value gets set.
Rule #2 - I have another rule that creates subtasks when a story is created. That works, the subtask is created. But the component field value does not get set according to rule #1.
Unrelated - I have another rule that sets a value for 'team name' field for all issue types. That rule IS setting the team name field value on subtasks that are created by automation in rule #2. Why would this rule recognize and update a subtask field, but rule #1 does not?
Possible Solutions:
- Figure out why rule #1 doesn't recognize the subtask created by automation in rule #2
- Update rule #2 / write JQL to also include a step to set the component field (seems complex, may not be possible?)
- This is a Jira bug, which needs to addressed by Jira (maybe we can't work around it)
I'm fairly new to automation, I've been able set up a lot of simple rules, but this one is a head-scratcher. Seems like it should be working, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated!