excuse me as I am a novice. I am just starting to test the use of epics (rather then just tasks and subtask) to help recognize a board I've created for onboarding new staff. Previously on my board I had new staff set as task, that would go through a series of status (before first day, first day, first week, etc) and had automated each status to automatically transition based on start date and with that transition a series of subtasks would be assigned.
I am now trying to reconfigure my board to have the new staff as an Epic with each staff assigned to a variety of task set as tasks, with their todos as subtasks.
I've figured out the Epic creation, tasks/sub task group assignment.
The roadblock I seem to be at is that Epics can't have a status besides todo, in progress, done, so I don't know
1. how to trigger the tasks at different timing markers (before 1st day, first day, first week)
2. How to automate the Epic transition between statues or workflows.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!