Hello community! I have a team-managed Jira project. In the project, I have a lot of automation rules. Taking one example, I have an automation rule whereby when the issue moves from In Progress status to Done status, the custom field "Date of Task Completion" will be auto-populated as of today's date.
I also have workflow properties set, whereby when the issue transits to Done status, it will be "locked" - meaning no users can edit or comment (add / edit / delete) on the issue. I have used these two key for the properties (screenshot attached as well):
1. key: jira.issue.editable / value: false
2. key: jira.permission.comment.denied / value: true
When I tested this out, the Date of Task Completion field is not auto-populated (it is blank - the field is not there in the issue) and the issue is "locked". From my understanding, the workflow properties execute first and then the automation rule. Is this understanding correct?
If so, is there a way to make the automation rule execute first then the workflow properties?
Thanks in advance.
