Hi team,
I’m currently working on implementing an automated backup and restore solution for Jira Cloud. While exploring the available options, I came across this support article:
Reference link: link
This documentation explains how to manually export all Jira Cloud data including issues, projects, users, attachments, and configuration data using the System Settings via UI. Similarly, the import functionality is also available through the Jira Cloud interface.
However, I want to automate this process exporting and importing all Jira Cloud data using REST APIs without relying on the UI.
Is there any official Jira Cloud REST API that supports automating the full export and import of Jira Cloud data including projects, issues, attachments, users, and configuration settings without relying on the UI or If such APIs are not available, is there any way to automate this import/export process without relying on the UI?
Any guidance, recommendations, or best practices on achieving this through APIs or automation tools would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.