I'm creating a bunch of tasks, but there's no apparent way to assign a task when you create it. Is that something peculiar to our deployment, or is this a problem with Jira itself?
@GS Welcome to the community!
May i ask you how you are creating bunch of tasks?
Sure, and thanks! I'm pressing the Create button.
Hi, @GS
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
There are several ways to assign tasks automatically when an issue is created:
Each method has its pros and cons
In that case you can use the process that is mentioned by @Evgenii in Add the Assignee field should work.
The Assignee field what I expected (and would like) to use.
Ok, than you need to edit screen, which is used for Create Issue operation, and add there this field. You can find screens, which are linked to issue types, here:https://your_company.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/YOUR_PRJ_KEY/screens
Thanks. Sadly, that link yields an error. And the procedure alleged by Atlassian's AI chat appears to be invalid. It says to go to "project settings" without saying where those are; I went to the three dots next to our project name in the left pane and there's no "settings" or anything that got me to a "screens" category.
Good times.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.