I have 2800~ tickets that I need to retroactively add into epics. I have a csv files with all of the values mapped correctly but the bulk import feature doesn't seem to work for this application... What could I be doing wrong? What is the best way to do this without manually updating nearly 3000 tickets.
Hi @Coryval25
Welcome to the community.
What s the error you are getting on doing the CVS import and how does your CSV look like?
Hi @Coryval25 and welcome to the Community!
I don't use the csv import unless it is absolutely necessary due to the lack of validations during import. It is easy to destroy data and no way to revert the operation.
You should be able to do the update via bulk edit.
Let me know if this solves your problem!
Best regards,/Staffan
Hi Staffan,
My main problem is that I can't really filter on the tickets to get them into their respective categories in order to then do the bulk edit, that's why I'm adding in these epics to categories them for reporting and organisation.
I'm comfortable doing it the CSV way, I just don't understand why it's not working.
These are the headers I'm using, and based on all the documentation I've been able to find, this should work...
Kind regards,
Cory
I
I have used this method to update other fields in the past with no issue?
I think you should skip the Issue ID for the child andl only use Issue key. Add the issue key for the Epic in the Parent column. The import might get confused if use both Issue Key and Issue ID.
Have you seen this thread? Seems like it covers your scenarioCreate/Update Parent-Child linking using CSV Impor... - Atlassian Community
Thanks Staffan,
So do I need to include the Epics on their own line of the CSV even though they have already been created? The link you provided didn't make this clear.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.