Hello,
I would like some help with an automation rule I’m trying to set up in Jira.
I’m able to successfully clone the main task, but the associated sub-task is not being cloned.
I’ve followed the steps outlined in the following article, but I haven’t been able to make it work:How to clone tasks/stories along with their sub-tasks – Atlassian Support
Could you please help me identify what might be preventing the sub-task from being cloned properly?I have the following error:
Thank you in advance for your support!
Hi @Vincent Larouche,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The first thing I would check is to make sure that the smart value that has the created work item key is populated, you can do that by adding a log action component in the automation and then see what your smart value is set to.
Also make sure that all the fields you are setting on the sub-task are available, if a field is not on the screen that the sub-task is using then the automation cannot set it.
Hi @Vincent Larouche -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Even though you are following a knowledge base article, context is important for the community to help. Please post the following:
Until we see those...
Based upon what you show thus far, you may be trying to copy work item links (i.e., issue links) directly from one work item to another for the subtasks.
While an automation rule can usually create a work item with a single link in one project, creating multiple links or links to other projects will not work easily.
Do your subtasks have either multiple links or links to work items in other projects?
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill, here's the answer of your last questions and at the end all tasks and setup information.
*** The intend is to copy a task and all his subtask, the subtask will be linked to a single parent this way:
*** Only a direct Link
-------------- All task information ------------------------------
Everything after the branch is in error.
Hi @Vincent Larouche
As an alternative to Automation that can be really complex to implement sometimes, I can suggest trying our app Elements Copy & Sync to clone a task and its subtasks.
Don't hesitate to check the documentation, it’s really quick and easy to set up.
The app is for free during 30 days (and it stays free under 10 users).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.