Hi All,
I'd like to use automation to ensure all tickets in the active sprint and waiting to be worked on are set to Ready to Work – to distinguish from Open in the Backlog.
Automating the transition when starting a sprint or adding tickets to the active sprint works fine (see rules structure below).
When a ticket is removed from the Sprint, however, I would like to set its status back to Open. When a Sprint is closed, however, I'd like in-flight tickets (In Progress, Testing) to retain their values when they are moved into their new, upcoming Sprint
I originally created a rule to transition any ticket removed from openSprints() back to Open : when sprint value changes, if sprint not in (EMPTY, futureSprints()) then transition to Open.
The difficulty I'm having is when we close (i.e. legitimately finish) a sprint and move any incomplete tickets into the next upcoming sprint – i.e. a futureSprints(), this also triggers the rule. This means all those in-flight tickets get reset back to Open, which is inconvenient – we'd like to carry their existing status in their new, upcoming Sprint.
Is there a way I can ignore tickets that were in the just-closed sprint? Or a way to achieve the Ready to Work idea?
Thanks!
Mark
Automations to set Ready To Work when starting or adding tickets to a Sprint.
Start of Sprint trigger:
- When Sprint Started in [myboard]
- For Issues in the Sprint AND Status = Open (i.e. not already in-flight)
- Transition to Ready to Work
Adding tickets to an open Sprint:
- When Value changes for Sprint
- If Sprint in openSprints() AND Status = Open
- Don't actually need the status portion, but just to be clear to myself it only applies to tickets from the Backlog