Hi Community,
I'm working with Jira Service Management and trying to set up an automation that links a custom field with an Assets field. Here's the scenario:
I have a custom field called "Company Name" (type: Text Field Single Line or Select List — whichever works best).
I also have an Assets field (Insight/Assets field) named "Company Information", which pulls data from an object schema called "Companies".
Each object in the schema represents a company and includes attributes like:
Name (e.g., Acme Corp)
Address
Contact Person
etc.
Goal:
When a user selects or enters a value in the "Company Name" field on the request form or issue view, I want the "Company Information" Assets field to automatically populate with the matching object from the "Companies" schema where the object Name equals the value in "Company Name".
What I've Tried / Looking For:
I want to achieve this using Jira Automation, but I'm unsure how to:
Use the value from the "Company Name" field as a dynamic lookup.
Set the "Company Information" Assets field with the corresponding object.
Is there a way to:
Use an Automation Rule with a Smart Value or AQL query to match the "Company Name" input with an object?
Automatically update the "Company Information" field accordingly?
Any examples of similar automation setups, smart values, or best practices would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!