We are trying to integrate with a product called QA Complete and we are mapping JIRA Summary to their Title. Their default is 100 characters and we don't know if we can increase it. I didnt' see a way to decrease the Summary field length in the admin area.
It's a 254 character string in the database, and the html lets you do that. There's very little reason to reduce that, which is why there's no option in the UI (Over many years, I've seen a couple of dubiously-reasoned requests to increase it, but I think this is the first to reduce it)
If you had your own install, you could impose a simple limit in the .vm that generates the field, but I don't think you're allowed to hack bits of code like that in OnDemand.
I hear you Nic, thanks for the feedback. It really isn't worth it.
It could be on your own Jira install - it's as simple as changing one or two text files, adding *maxlength="100"* to them and restarting Jira. But I don't think OnDemand will let you do that.
As Nic said, you can't modify the files on onDemand. You can probably add a simple Javascript in the description that makes sure the summary does not have more than 100 characters. A workaround worth exploring!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.