Is it possible that if I select “Closed”, the resolution is then automatically “Closed”?Because now I have double work: A closed ticket, I still have to assign the resolution “Closed”.
Hi @Antonia
Yes that's possible!
Your Jira admin can configure the workflow transition with a post function to set a resolution automatically.
Of course, other resolution values can sometimes make sense.
To limit the amount of available resolutions the workflow properties jira.field.resolution.include and jira.field.resolution.exclude can be used as explained on Use workflow properties | Atlassian Support
Hi @Charlie Misonne
thank you, but somehow the resolutions that I had actually excluded are still displayed. Do you have any ideas about this?
Are you clicking on the transition for which you are configuring the transition properties?
Also - it is good to be aware of the difference between status and resolution; the resolution will tell you how/why a work item has been closed (e.g. because the work has been done, or because it was a duplicate of an existing item).
Finally, your Jira admin can also remove (or add) resolutions - but this will apply to your entire environment.
If your process is just setting the resolution to closed which matches the status you can autofill the resolution by adding a rule to the transition in your workflow. In your workflow click the transition(s) to your "Closed" status and you can add a rule to Update an issue field as part of the transition where you can select resolution.
Atlassian does have a useful article to reference regarding configuring resolution and the use case for it here as well
Best practices on using the "Resolution" field in Jira Cloud
Hi @Bob Dalm , yes I go into the different transitions and yes, I would like to delete the resolutions, we have too many and some are duplicates. Is it possible to see beforehand where the resolutions are integrated?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.