Is there an option in Jira to create recurring action items on a monthly/yearly basis? I can only find options for weekly and bi-weekly.
Thank you for your input.
Hi @Rich Lapachet and welcome to the Community!
May I ask where you have found those options and what feature you are talking about when you refer to recurring actions?
I know an option was introduced recently to make a work item recurring. That was based on an automation rule approach that you could - with some creativity - fairly easily create yourself.
Hi, @Rich Lapachet Welcome to Atlassian Community!
To use more complex schedules, you can take advantage of CRON scheduling. This is done through the "Advanced" tab in the scheduling settings.
Here are a couple of examples:
A CRON schedule to run at 1:00 am on the 1st and 15th day of every month would look like this:
0 0 1 1,15 * *
If you want it to run at 1:00 am on the 1st day of January every year, the expression would be:
0 0 1 1 1 *
You can find more examples here:https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-filters/
Let me know if you need further clarification!
Best regards,Evgeniy
Hi Rich - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Take a look at this article and see if it meets your needs.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Task-Issue/ba-p/2040862
Hi @Rich Lapachet ,
Welcome to the community !!
A sample rule screenshot attached for your reference.
Hi @Walter Buggenhout when creating or updating a ticket, when clicking on the "Due date calendar, there is an option to set to recur. However the only options are to recur weekly or every other week.
Hi Evgenii, do I need admin permissions for this feature? I do not see an "Advanced" tab or scheduling settings.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.