Hi Atlassian community,
we are having a JSM Premium subscription to use Assets. The archiving functionality however is only available with the Enterprise subscription, which we will definitely not get anytime soon.
Now I am wondering, what is best practice on how to deal with Asset data, which is deprecated, but cannot be deleted yet, since we do not want to loose it´s history?
We are working with statuses, like "Deprecated", the problem is that, in the relationships (in- and outbound) and in the object graph those old objects are still visible, which causes confusion. So it is not enough to just change the status.
I am therefore wondering if you guys have any smart workaround to still have a decent archiving process that keeps the value of the Asset object but does not interfere with active Asset data that you could share if you are using JSM premium?
Thanks in advance!
As a plan B, I could delete all the links to other objects of deprecated asset data, but this is quite annoying and a manual task, so I hope there is a better solution out there.
Cheers,
Simon