I am looking to implement what I would imagine would be a default behavior in the project management realm; I would like to be able to define a Time Budget for a Project, as well as a unique Time Budget for each Sprint.
My original thought is that I would implement this using two custom fields; one for Time Budget and the other for Remaining Time Budget, then restrict the fields to be part of what would be the create/edit views for the project and the sprint.
The way these would be updated is via automation rules; when a task is updated, if it is associated with an open sprint (or active project), it would update the Remaining Time Budget and send out a notification when the value exceeds a given threshold.
The problem here is that I am not seeing any way to scope the fields in this manner. Is this a solved problem? how should I approach this for JIRA? It is sort of restricting in the sense we can't readily track and see hours in this scale