Hello,
I was recently tasked with taking over our Jira instance and so am trying to get my Jira admin legs underneath me so I appreciate anyone answering what may be a very dumb question.
I got a ticket to update a custom field with some new entries (new business units) and make them available in all projects. I went through the list and disabled the items in the custom field that were no longer valid and added the new items. However, when adding that field to a step in an automation, the disabled items are still visible.
Is there a way around this? Should I just delete the items that are no longer valid or should I create a new custom field and deprecate the old one? I did see a ticket from 2023 but didn't have any updates on it since Feb 2023 (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-22931)
Thanks for helping out a Jira admin newbie.