Question speaks for itself. It doesn't show, no matter what I do. I CAN create epics, it's just they don't show in the board/list etc.
Hi @Gustavo
Please check below links:
- https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-epics-in-a-scrum-project/
- https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/epics
Regards,
Seba
.
I’m sorry if I’m missing something but the point is that, despite being able to create and somewhat manage an Epic, there is no Epic column…
Hello @Gustavo , and welcome to the Atlassian Community!
If you can't see epics but can create them, maybe the issue is in switching between workflows. You may see the workflow with tasks you're working on, but you need to switch to Epics.
Try to go to More, there View Options, choose there Workflow, and pick up Epics.
A lot depends on the configurations you have.
Daria
Where are you expecting to see the Epics?
If you are using the new layout and want to se Epics in the backlog, you need to click on the Viiew settings in the upper right corner and activate "Epic panel" or just click "E" on the key board.
If you want to see Epics in your active sprint you need to go to Board settings -> Layout ->Swimlanes and choose Epics in the "Select method" drop-down.
Hey! Thank you.
The thing is, and perhaps a better question would be, is that I can't see a sidebar with these elements.
I expected to see not only that but a side bar with my Epics in my board.
There is no "view settings" menu in my version. I believe the versions changed recently which is leading to confusion?
Hi, @Gustavo
I should have started by asking if you in a Company managed project or a Team managed project?
Look in the bottom left corner if it says "Team managed"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.