I'm working on a CI/CD pipeline from our private gitlab server to confluence so users can publish documents directly from gitlab to confluence when they merge commits. For testing and dev I've been using a personal token but now that I'm ready to get it into prod I want to use something more specific for this integration.What would be great is to create separate tokens associated to a confluence space that corresponds to a gitlab group. That token would be stored in our secrets vault that the Pipeline could use to publish content. Has anyone created a similar setup? How are you managing api access?
Hello @Ryan Stickney Welcome to the Community !Token are associated with account, hence you have a single token or many token from the same account - that would result in same action as permission assigned to that profile.With recent changes, atlassian has added API with scope -https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-api-tokens-for-your-atlassian-account/Practice would be to have different API with different scope is required. NOTE: API have max age of 1 year. In your case - ALWAYS HAVE AN INTEGRATION ACCOUNT whose API will be used in any api calls/integrations.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.