I'm experiencing an issue where emails from greymatteralerts@domain.com are being consistently rejected by my Jira Service Management email handler, despite having proper configuration in place.
Current Configuration:
• Created an Email Handler named "Bypass GreyMatter Emails"
• Whitelisted all internal domains including domain.com in the "Whitelisted Domains" field
• Increased Messages Threshold to 100
• Disabled DMARC authentication
• Using Default Cloud Mail Server
Problem:
All emails from greymatteralerts@vaynerx.com are being rejected with "REJECTED" status in the email logs. The emails appear to be security alerts (MFA events, phishing attempts, etc.) that need to be processed into tickets.
What I've tried:
1. ✅ Created dedicated email handler with sender email configured
2. ✅ Added domain to whitelist (vaynerx.com)
3. ✅ Increased message threshold to 100
4. ✅ Disabled DMARC protection
5. ✅ Verified email handler is using correct incoming mail server
Email Log Details:
• All emails show "REJECTED" status
• Handler shows as "SD auto reply filter"
• Emails are being processed as "Auto-reply mail"
Questions:
1. Why are emails still being rejected despite domain whitelisting?
2. Could the "SD auto reply filter" be overriding my custom email handler?
3. Are there additional settings I need to configure for automated security alert emails?
4. Should I be using a different approach for handling automated emails from security tools?