I have some fairly simple JQL that is behaving strangely and I can't figure out why. We have Initiative work items set to be parents of Epics, which are parents of Tasks and Stories.
I'm trying to create a filter that grabs an initiative and all its children. When I do something like this, where ENG-1 is a parent initiative with many children:
key IN (portfolioChildIssuesOf("ENG-1"))I get returned a large quantity of work items. But when I try to include the top-level initiative ticket with something like:
key IN (portfolioChildIssuesOf("ENG-1")) OR key = "ENG-1"the query returns ONLY ENG-1.
It's an OR condition - so shouldn't it be applying both conditions?
EDIT: An interesting wrinkle....
key IN(portfolioChildIssuesOf("ENG-1")) OR issuekey IN("ENG-1")Returns both all child issues of ENG-1 and ENG-1 itself as expected. However, when I use ONLY either "key" or "issuekey" instead of mixing them, I get back only ENG-1.
I am starting to think this may be a bug.