I'd like to have a custom dropdown within a table to structure our tickets better for testing checklists.
Hi @Nikesh Ashar,
That is not something I can relate to existing features in Jira out of the box. You can probably come a long way (visually) by using the status macro (type /status to include it anywhere in your table) and simple instructions to your users to achieve something like this:
However, ask yourself what you want to do with this. If you want to be able to track these statuses through search or reporting, you will quickly find yourself very much limited if you include this in the description field of your tasks.
Hope this helps!
Thanks @Walter Buggenhout Where would one find "macros" in the new Jira Cloud? Google-fu tells me to look at any of the issues but the only macro settings I can find are for Confluence.
Quite literally as I mentioned in my reply, @Nikesh Ashar - type "/" while you are in the description field. A popup will appear, showing all the custom things you can insert.
"status" is one of the option in that list. So just type it in the dialog and it should appear.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.