So I have tried to add the resolution field to the edit screen but it still shows up on the create screen. A resolution should only exist if someone is trying to close a bug. Not a task or a sub-task and definitely not on a create task/sub-task
Go to the Issues section of the administration panel and click on "Screens". Create a new screen called "Resolution Screen". Add to it the fields you want (including resolution). This new screen will be placed on the transitions going into the status "Closed".You'll have to find the workflow that is in use by your project. Go to the project in question and click on "Project Administration" and then look under the workflow section. Find the workflow that you want to use for issue type bug and make a copy of it. You'll have to edit this copy to show the new "Resolution Screen" you created. Find the transitions that move into the Status closed and associate the "Resolution Screen" with them. Last you'll need to set this copy to work with just the issue type bug.
Hope this helps!Kian
Hi Bernard
You need to create a screen which is only associated with the transitions where a user is trying to close the bug and not change the default screen which is used already for other operations.
This page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-workflow-185729632.html introduces many of the concepts related to workflows and what you can change.
Regards
Phill
I have created a screen called "resolution screen" but after this i am not understanding ur point. Can u attach a screenshot
Thanks
Sure. 1) Identify the workflow you want the "Resolution Screen" to appear on. For example, I want the resolution screen to show on the "JIRA Service Desk IT Support Workflow generated for Project MSHD" workflow.
2) Identify the transitions leading to a "Done" status. In my screen shot, I have one status that is a "Done" category (marked by a Green background). I want to add my screen to the transitions leading into that status.
3) Click on the transitions, select "Edit" on the popup screen, and choose your resolution screen.
4) If this is an active workflow, be sure to publish the changes you've made!
I hope this helps!Kian
But still the resolution is appearing in the "create issue" screen. I want the resolution to be present only when i am making the issue status as closed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.