Hello,
I am looking to set up automation, such that when I update a custom field on my Jira epic, that same custom field on the child stories also gets updated, so that they all stay in sync.
Example 1: When I set up a new epic, and then create children stores, if I set the "program increment" field (customfield_32672) on the epic to 2025 PI2, I want all the children to also have their "program increment" field updated to 2025 PI2.
Example 2: If I go in and later update the epic program increment to 2025 PI3, the child stories program increment fields also gets updated to 2025 PI3.
I've used these instructions https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/keeping-custom-field-values-in-sync-between-parent-and-child-issues-using-automation-for-jira/ minus the "if" condition step, as I want the program increment update to happen regardless of the child's field being blank or not. I am getting an error on the last branch step, edit issues, with an error of "Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON."
Any help or insight as to what I can do differently would be greatly appreciated!




