Hi everyone,
I'm currently building a Jira Automation rule where I want to manually trigger the rule and select multiple values (like checkboxes representing versions or environments). Based on the selected inputs, I want to dynamically create a list of selected values and use Advanced branching (For each) to iterate over each of them.
The idea is:
Use a manual trigger with multiple checkbox inputs (e.g., 24Q3, 25Q2, etc.).
Automatically extract only those which were selected (i.e., their value is true).
Create a list/array like ["24Q3", "25Q2"].
Use this list in a "For each" branch in the same rule.
However, it seems that:
The manual trigger input is returned as an object (e.g., {24Q3=true, 25Q2=true, 26Q1=false}), and Smart Values don’t provide a way to loop through object keys or filter them dynamically.
I can't find a way to transform the selected values into a usable list for the advanced branching.
💡 What I'm looking for:
Is there any workaround that allows dynamically collecting only the selected checkbox inputs from the manual trigger into a list format (["24Q3", "25Q2"])?
Or, is there any recommended pattern to simulate dynamic For each execution based on manual selections?
Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance 🙏