Hi Jira community! I'm hoping a creative person here has figured out a workaround for a limitation I'm frequently asked about as a Jira Admin.
Jira Cloud doesn't currently allow triggering workflow actions based on the state of a PR - feature suggestion here, please vote for it if you're reading this!
We have workflow actions set up that automatically transition work items when a PR is created. The automations are super helpful a lot of the time, EXCEPT when a developer creates a PR in Draft state.
In those cases, the work item still transitions to the next status, even though the PR is a draft and isn't ready for that yet. The developer then has to manually update their ticket status, and has to remember to update the status again when their PR is no longer in draft state.
I haven't found a workaround to this limitation. Has anyone found one?