I've seen posts on this from about a year ago but want to follow up. Is it possible to create an excerpt in Confluence, create a ticket in Jira and then use the insert-excerpt macro to insert same in a Jira ticket.
I know it is possible to CREATE a Jira issue by highlighting text in Confluence and then using the +Jira macro but this is not what I need to to do. I need to insert text already authored in Confluence into a new Jira ticket and - of most value- ensure that when changes are made to the text in Confluence they are reflected in Jira.
In sum, I want a single source of truth for information (Confluence) that I can share out (in Jira tickets) that is kept in synch by changing the source as opposed to using a simple page link or copy-cut-pasting info that requires multiple manual changes to keep in synch.