I have created this automation to extract the Priority (High, Medium, Low) from the description but when I try to apply the smart value into Priority in the automation, it fails. Can I know if smart values are allowed in automation?
Hey @Anu Edirisuriya
I suggest that you will create IF ELSE condition and then set the priority accordingly.
for example:
If VAR = HighThen set priority = High
and so on....
Ariel.
Amazing! It works. Thank you
It never occured to me to use IF-ELSE
Hi @Anu Edirisuriya
FYI for automation rules and created variables...
I recommend not using any variable names which match built-in or custom field smart values. For examples in your rule, please see: priority and component. Those could confuse both the rule logic and people reading the rule trying to understand what they represent: the variable or the field in the work item.
Instead, consider always adding a prefix to variable names to prevent such collisions, such as using varPriority and varComponent.
Kind regards,Bill
Thank you for the recommendation Billy I have changed them now
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.