Hello Atlassian Community,
I'm working on enhancing our Problem Management process within Jira Service Management (JSM) by introducing a custom sub-task issue type named "Action Item" to replace the default "Sub-task." The goal is to improve clarity and tracking of specific actions during problem investigations.
Here's what I've done so far:
- Created a new sub-task issue type called "Action Item."
- Added "Action Item" to the issue type scheme associated with our project, which currently includes the default "Sub-task."
Issue Encountered:
When I attempt to create a sub-task under a problem ticket (e.g., "Investigate Problem"), only the default "Sub-task" appears as an option. The custom "Action Item" does not show up in the selection list.
Questions:
- Is it possible to have the custom "Action Item" sub-task appear as the default or sole sub-task option when creating sub-tasks under problem tickets?
- If I remove the default "Sub-task" from the issue type scheme, will that allow "Action Item" to take its place without causing issues elsewhere?
- Are there additional configurations or best practices I should consider to achieve this setup effectively?
Objective:
To streamline our workflow by exclusively using "Action Item" sub-tasks for problem tickets, thereby eliminating confusion between different sub-task types and ensuring consistent usage across the team.
I appreciate any insights, experiences, or suggestions you can share regarding this configuration.
Best regards,
Kim Galway