I may be missing something here but I don't see an option to be able to make an Asset field Mandatory. The only one that seems to be mandatory is the field that is assigned as a "label"
Am I missing something here?
Hey @Trevor de Souza
Do you mean when creating an object? or when creating a work-item where you have a custom field set to an asset?
Hey @arielei
I mean when I create an object.
Thanks for the reply.
You cant set mandatory fields on an object.
I would suggest that you will restrict who can access the schemes and set a Form - where you can set a direct line to the objects and with that you can have mandatory fields, and also with Automations - you can update/create an object without the need to actually going to the object scheme.
Think for example on a use case like Employees - the trigger for a new employee is HR - and you dont want them to touch the object scheme - probably they wont know how to work with it - so you only need to ask them to fill the form and then with the automation it will update/create the object scheme.
Ariel.
Hi @Trevor de Souza
On each attribute within an asset object type, select the 3 dots at the attribute and set the attribute as mandatory.
To make a field on an Asset Object mandatory, select the 3 dots on an object attribute (...) and select Attribute Settings.
On the screen that appears, select Cardinality.
Change minimum to 1 from 0.
Click Update
Now, when you create an object, if you do not specify at least one value for that particular field, you cannot create the Asset Object.
thanks
Dean
There is no option for this by clicking the 3 dots, nor in the attribute settings:
Hi @Marcel Hager
Use the cardinality option to set a minimum value number as 1.
This will set the attribute as mandatory on creating an object.
I see that they've removed the cardinality option, so it's no longer possible to set them as mandatory.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.