Id like to set a default value for a custom attribute for a project and have different default values for each project. Is that Possible?
Hi @Phil
I am unsure if I get it correct but if the field is a select list, checkbox, or radio button you can use separate custom field contexts to set a default value.
Go to Custom fields configuration page and create a new context per project and set the default value for that project in that context. But in this case you need to define option sets per each context.
On the other hand you can set project-specific default value using Automation rules.
Creata an automation rule with (trigger: Issue Created, condition: project equals ABC) and the action: Edit issue (set the custom field to the default value you want.
I hope that makes sense
Hello @Phil ,You can set default value for CUSTOM FIELD. (for system field, you cannot unless with 3rd party plugins or other tweaks)Here's the atlassian doc about whole default value : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-a-custom-field/
Thanks but this will set the default value for all projects who use the custom field. I want a different value for each project that uses the custom field.
Yes. It looks like I am unable to configure a project to do this but instead use a rule set with a huge case statement if project = X, custom field is 1, if project = Y, custom field is 2, etc. I got it. Not ideal in my situation but thanks
Yes, that will set default value for all the projects associated - IF YOU HAVE FIELD HAVING GLOBAL CONTEXT.If you want to have it project based - probably you can create context for respective projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.