I'm hoping one of you brilliant minded folks can help me decipher 2 Atlassian documentation articles.
Basically, I do not know what the second article is trying to tell me because I feel like it conflicts with what the first article is telling me.
This first documentation states that a user can only use the @ mentioned feature if they have the Browse User and Groups global permission. Fine, easy enough.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/can-t-mention-other-users-on-jira-cloud-work-items-1142444425.html#:~:text=Grant%20%22Browse%20users%20and%20groups,and%20Dashboard%20in%20JIRA%20Cloud
For the purpose of my question, lets say I am User A and have browse user and groups global permission.
THEN, this second article provides information on how to restrict users that are available in a projects user lists that are made available when using the @ mention feature. This is the article that my brain is having trouble understanding what its trying to tell me
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-global-permissions/
For the purpose of my question, only User B and User C should show be available for me to view in the list and choose from for User A to @ mention in ProjectX and not ProjectY.
Is this second documentation telling me that I need to remove browse users and groups permission from User A but ensure user A has Browse project permission to projectX? IF so doesn't the first article state a user can only use @ mention feature if they have Browse User and Groups global permission?
Or
Is the second documentation saying remove browse users and groups permission from User B and User C and ensure they have browse project permission in ProjectX and not ProjectY.
AND
User A, which has browse project permissions in both ProjectX and ProjectY, can @ mention User B and User C in projectX and not projectY?
By removing User B and C from Browse User and Groups permission they now will not be able to use the @ mention feature at all in Jira.
Thank you to anyone who understands my question and can help clear this up for me!