Hi @Martin Vali , I am not sure I follow your question exactly. When you create a new issue type you can decide if it is at level 0 (standard) or -1 (sub-task).
Oh...I think you are asking how to restrict the association of different sub-task type to the parent work item type. So that you can't add some sub-task types to some parent types.
I believe this can be accomplished in CMP project workflow by using the issue.parent.issuueType.name property on the Create transition. Disclaimer- I have not tried this in a long time.
Hmmmm... Actually that is inaccurate...my memory is failing me here. Let me play with this a bit....
I researched this a bit more and unfortunately I don't think this is possible OOTB. I expect there are solutions using third-party apps.
Hello @Martin Vali
Cristiano from the Appfire Team here.
This should be possible using our tool, Jira Misc Workflow Extension (JMWE).
You may set up a validator on the "Create" workflow with specific conditions with your own validator.
Just select the option "Build-your-own Validator (JMWE app)" and select the JQL code option.
the code should look something like this:
issue.parent && issue.parent.issueType.name == "Story"
I used story as an example, but you are able to select any issue type available in the project scheme.
Then you check the box "Conditional validation" with the code:
issue.issueType.name == "Sub-task"
This guarantees that only sub-tasks fall into the condition, and other issue types are created normally.Here is a screenshot of it.
You are also able to put the "Conditional" inside the code, that way you may add more to it.
// Only apply to subtasks if (issue.issueType?.subTask) { // For subtasks: require Story parent return issue.parent && issue.parent.issueType.name == "Story" } else { // For non-subtasks: always allow creation return true }
Feel free to contact our support team if you have any doubt.
Regards,
@Cristiano Alves -Appfire- thanks , Will concider your app
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.