Consider the scenario wherein I have two issues linked (Issue A and Issue
together. I care about the type of link, and so specify the inward/outward link, no problem.
However, the link itself has one or more attributes that do not truly belong with either Issue A or Issue B -- I need a way to store more information about the relationship between the two issues than just the simple "blocks/is blocked by" or any other short label.
In practice, I am using jira for requirements management (not just in the software sense -- this is physical engineering involving things being built and verified via laboratory testing). Issue A is of type 'requirement', and Issue B is of type 'test.' Issue A "is verified by" Issue B, that's an easy enough link to set up. But I want to store the technical details about how Issue A is verified by Issue B -- what this or that multimeter reading must be, the threshold value of some telemetry point, etc., to say that the requirement has been verified during a test. This requires at very least a string or short text field as an attribute of the link itself. There are workarounds like via automation, but I'm not asking for workarounds.
Jira obviously doesn't have this out of the box.
Based on reading this database explanation, what I want involves extending the "issuelink" table that, if I understand it right, is a single table that belongs to each project. Imagine if one could add a custom field to the issuelink table itself. Any plugins that allow this? Any developers have experience attempting to write such a plugin?