API tokens without scopes are being deprecatedWe encourage creating the more secure API tokens with scopes whenever possible.
We encourage creating the more secure API tokens with scopes whenever possible.
When? Tried looking online but couldn't find a set date. I have to admit, a deprecation warning without a date, is very unusual.
Hi @Eric Meinders
I've tried to find a date but I wasn't able to. Lots of information about API token changes like adding scope, rate limit, but not a date for unscoped.
The only banner I see is the one you get when going into Security under your manage settings.
https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens
Ive checked these two places:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2025/04/atlassian-cloud-changes-mar-31-to-apr-7-2025
And here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/changelog/#
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Trust-Security-articles/Improved-API-security-and-expanded-authentication-policy/ba-p/2996413#:~:text=That's%20why%20we're%20enhancing,and%20have%20one%20in%20EAP.&text=Adding%20scopes%20to%20API%20tokens,of%20any%20potential%20security%20incidents.
Try to find something there.
But I'm betting they notified this on Teams 25.
Regards - Aaron
Hey @Aaron Pavez _ServiceRocket_Suddenly JIRA API stopped working for us. We got error 401.That is weird.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.