This font is nearly unusable, extremely hard to scan, and makes the app look like a goofy comic. Our clients and our staff universally can't stand it.
How can I change this to the old font? And, why would this be a required global change?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Sara Chieco !
Can you please share a screenshot of the font you are seeing in your instance? Make sure to hide any confidential information
Best,
Fadoua
The font of this community site looks exactly the same as what we are now seeing in JIRA.
Ok I see, I don't think you can change anything from your end except may be if you use an Atlassian Marketplace App (I am not sure about it)
Let me bring this to Atlassian Support attention.
I agree that the recent font change for Jira, and Confluence, was a big step backwards. "Horrendous" is a good description. Being able to have your eye quickly distinguish a lower case "a" from a lower case "o" is important for readability. Please restore the previous fonts as soon as possible.
Hello @Sara Chieco,
The changes that you are seeing in your environment are due to the new navigation experience in Jira.
This new navigation has started rolling out across all sites, and more information on this new navigation can be found at the link below:https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-the-new-navigation-in-jira/
I'm well aware - it's a painful transition to say the least. The new font is universally hated by my team and clients and I am asking how we can change it. And if you didn't allow for a global font setting (which should not be hard to do given I am sure you have a global css) then PLEASE ADD ONE. Yesterday.
Hello,
I definitely understand your sentiments and how changes like this can be problematic.
I personally submitted the following feature request, asking for the ability to disable the new navigation:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-94450
I suggest you provide feedback and vote for this request to raise visibility. We appreciate your patience.
In my opinion, the problem isn't with trying to improve the navigation. The problem is that a very poor default font is being used; it just happens that it was combined with navigation changes. The poor font affects all of my team members when any one team member presents a Jira issue in team meetings. Having individuals choose to switch the new navigation on/off doesn't solve the problem. The request is to use a different default font that is easier to read.
l liked the previous fonts
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.